How to Read and Print pdf Files
pdf is an excellent format for distributing print quality information over the Internet. All the files listed on this page have been created with standard Windows programs. The finished output has then been printed to the PDF Creator virtual printer set to a minimum of 600 dpi. Because the resolution of computer monitors is much lower than 600 dpi, the 'on-screen' quality will be poorer and more variable than that on any modern printer. We recommend that you always print these files rather than using them 'on-screen'. All these documents may be copied and used freely.
The files you are downloading are in pdf format - start at 1.
1. You can download any pdf file to your hard drive by doing the following:
Windows- right click over the relevant link and save.
2. Read pdf format files using a pdf reader
3. With a pdf reader you will also be able to print the file(s) to your local printer.
4. If you have any problems with these instructions please contact us and we will try to help you.
5. If you notice spaces where there should be letters c or K then you can fix this by upgrading your Acrobat Reader to the latest version - ver. 9. This problem arises from the Microsoft Postscript generator and is not the fault of our pdf format file generator.
If you require the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the pdf files, and this is not already installed on your computer, use the link through the Acrobat logo below.
How to Make pdf Format Files
Those interested in producing pdf format files may like to read Christian Mondrup's comprehensive How to produce a pdf score.
Alternatively, refer to PDF Software which provides appropriate information.
We have set our printable material to fit the standard A4 paper size. If printed out on paper of another size the image may not be centralised on the page, or may flow over to a second sheet. This problem is most commonly found when users print material intended for A4 paper size onto American Letter size paper. The two sizes are as follows:
pdf Files to Read and Print
This resource has been moved to the new manuscript paper page.